top of page
Funding Help

Did you know that ALL 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours childcare a week for 38 weeks a year?

And some 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 30 hours (an additional 15 hours per week).

Some 2 year olds are also eligible for the 15 hours funding.

Who qualifies for 2 year old funding?

This funding is available for families in receipt of low-income benefits. Parents in England can claim 2 year old funding if you receive one of the following:

  • Income Support

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments

  • tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax

  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit

  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

2-year-olds can also get free childcare if they:

Who qualifies for 30 hours funding?

You are entitled to 30 hours funding if your child is 3 or 4 years old, and you earn more than the equivalent of 16 hours at the national living wage or minimum wage per week (regardless of how many hours you work), for example, £120 per week if you are 25 or older AND you earn less than £100,000 per year.

If you are a single parent and meet the above criteria, you will be eligible for the 30 hours. If you live with a partner (regardless of whether or not they are the parent of your child), then you both must meet the above criteria.

Find out more, and apply, on

How can I use my funded hours at Abacus Day Nursery?


15 hours:

3 hours a day, 5 days a week (9am-12pm, or 1:30-4:30pm)

7.5 hours a day, 2 days a week (9am-4:30pm)

30 hours:

10 hours a day, 3 days a week 

Please note that meals are not included in the funded places. You can find out meal prices on our "Fees and Session Times" page, and view our menus  on the "Food Menus" page (both found in the "About Us" section). Nappies should also be provided by the parent/carer.

bottom of page